Here are some interesting facts about coconut oil to help you gain a better understanding of its unique benefits;
- Coconut oil is derived from the flesh of the coconut, unlike coconut milk which comes from the fruit itself.
- Coconut oil contains more saturated fat and less polyunsaturated fat which are found in processed vegetable oils.
- When added to your diet, coconut oil will naturally help speed up your metabolism and help you to burn more calories.
- Unlike other vegetable oils, the short chain fatty acids in coconut oil are easily digested, allowing your body to convert the fat found in the oil into energy rather than store it as body fat.
- If your goal is weight loss, coconut oil can be easily incorporated into your normal eating habits. Not only will it help keep the weight off, but you will also see long term results. All you have to do is replace as many aspects of your diet with coconut oil recipes and products.
- When it comes to fitness, coconut oil has helped many thanks to its unique way of using fat effectively and has been known to be used by a number of top rugby and football clubs.
- Besides burning calories, coconut oil will help slow down the digestion of your food and keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- Other benefits of coconut oil include improved skin and hair care. It is also often used as massage oil with the aim of helping to relieve mental stress. It definitely goes without saying that when you buy coconut oil you are investing in your body both inside and out. Coconoil is a highly reputed supplier of virgin coconut oil from Sri Lanka. Visit their website today to view their list of products and suppliers throughout the UK.